Koni Classics

As a newbie I just sent off a semi-desperate request for information to
the 750-101 Group.

Covering my bases.

It was a tad smart-ass.

Surprise, surprise.

Hopefully you guys have accepted 'my ways' and might possibly reply.

Don't care if you've just installed Koni Classics on your favorite
Sherman Tank or..., would just like your thoughts. Okay, let me slightly
revise thatyour most thoughtful thoughts.

Previous email sent, okay, so this makes you all second hand guys (and
one sweet token):

Help! Trying to install a pair of new Koni Classics on a 101 Spider
Veloce this weekend.

Okay, will admit it's been a while since I've installed Koni's on a
car...however, when one presses down and turns there are (used to be)
about three full turns between 'hard' and 'soft'.

After figuring out one must now remove a plastic insert, then one turns
and turns and turns and  the pressure sort of goes from slightly hard to

slightly less hard to turnno absolute stops.

Have not a clue when to stop turning in one direction then going in the
other.

If it wasn't 4:30 (PST) on a Friday, I'd call Centerline where I bought
them.

So shoot me. I just assumed these Konis had the same three total turns
from one end to the other. The rear shocks are on and untouched. Not all

that familiar with 101 Spiders, I figured I'd leave the rear shocks
alone (soft), then do a 1/ 2 to 3/4 turn to firmer on the frontsabout
what I'd do on a street 105 Alfa Spiderfor starters.

Should someone out there be familiar with these shocks, does one simply
turn forever and ever to get to one end (hard / soft), or must one have
some magical feeling power?

Possibly this has been covered and sorry to go over old territory. That
said, my first question regarding 101 Veloce starters went unheeded. Not

a problem. I went to 'the list' and found vast amounts of information.
Unfortunately, after an hour and a half of going through them, I'm back
to square onewhat VW (don't have a Giulia starter handy) Bosch starter
fits / works on 101 Giulietta Spider Veloces? Should have not even
brought it up. I'll check with non 750-101 sources...perhaps they'll
know.

Sorry to bite the hand which might actually consider feeding me, but
really trying to move along here on this restoration.

Please accept my apologies for this late Friday Frustrated attitude,

Biba
Irwindale, CA USA

(Biba's version of "How to Win Friends and Influence Those Who Think
You're A Schmuck.")