Re: alfa-digest V8 #91 - "Trimming" a Spider

       First thing to look at is the front spring pans.  They are not the
same.  The passenger side pan is notably deeper than the driver's side.  That
may have been to bias the car toward level when driven with a single person
only.  If the pans have gotten reversed, the car will sit low in the left
front.
       Other than that, take both sides off and play with what ever shims you
have installed.  Remove the shim from the high side and leave the low side
alone.  That is assuming you want to lower the car to match the low side.  My
personal bias is toward lower is better.  <grin>
       I am sure new shims are available and that John H. could give you part
numbers.  However, I suggest playing with what is in the car to start with.
Remember that the spring is only about 1/3 of the way out the A arms.  That
means a 1/3 inch (8mm) change at the spring will change ride height
approximately an inch.

Ciao,
Russ Neely
Oklahoma City