re: originality

At 10:09 PM -0400 9/25/01, alfa-digest wrote:
><<That involves debatable judgment-calls; I would accept 1969 buttress-seats
>in a 1971 hanging-pedal GT Veloce (YMMV) but I would not want five-star
>Daytonas or even Turbinas (or Spica injection) on a Giulia Super or a Duetto,
>let alone a Giulietta, any more than I would put a Formica top on a Stickley
>table.>>
>
>I couldn't agree more. But what about orange leather on a Barcelona Chair. I
>actually have one, and it's fairly hideous, though I'm told a period-correct
>special order. It's gotta go, just like your blue leather interior. I agree
>that at times there are limits to originality, and palatability can be the
>overriding issue.
>
>Cheers All,
>Paul Mitchell

Aw crud. So much for the box of Daytonas I've got waiting to go on the Duetto... Wait! Mine isn't a TRUE Duetto so it must be OK to pollute this already corrupted design. When I first got the 1750 Spider Veloce I put a set of Turbinas on it (cheap and came with tires). They looked truly awful.

Just bought a nice low-mileage Fiat 124 1400cc pushrod Berlina. It's gunna make a great clunker for the wife. Runs like a top. She wants it repainted in its original color... RThat great appliance color of the 70's, Avocado Green. Wonder what the official FIAT name was? Verde Puko?
--
Michael Williams

69 Duetto
73 Berlina (Fiat 124 Special)