75/Milano driver's leg room & driving position

Greetings fellow Alfisti,

I recently put up a post asking how to increase leg
room for the driver of a Milano. After no real how to
advice I just went ahead and did it my-self. All in
all it is a pretty simple modification and everything
can be put back to the stock mounting positions if
desired.

All that needs to be done is to re-drill the mounting
holes on the bottom of the seat.  By locating the
holes to a more forward position, towards the front of
the seat on the seat frame, this allows the seat to be
mounted to the car in a more reward position thus
increasing the reward range of motion (shifting the y
axis along the positive x axis).

The original bracket mounted to the bottom of the seat
can be removed and used as a guide to locate the new
holes. Hold the repositioned bracket in in place by
using C-clamps/large fender washers. Use a center
punch and pilot drill before drilling the final holes.
Then use lock washers and nuts with the original bolts
to mount the bracket to the new holes on the seat.  I
obtained a bout 2 1/8" more rearward range, of which I
use about 1 1/2" absolute maximum!

The only thing to watch out for is the rear mounting
bolts used to secure the seat to the car, these should
be cut off by about 1/4" so they can fit under the
newly positioned seat.  These hex head bolts are quite
long to begin with so the 1/4" less of material will
not make a difference in securing the seat to the car.

The only thing left now is to add spacers between the
steering wheel and column so as to customize the
wheel's position closer to the driver. I understand
that GTV-6 spacers will work on a Milano steering
wheel. Does anyone know about this?  I would be happy
with the wheel about 1/2" closer to me.

The standard old-style Italian driving position with
arms fully stretched out is perhaps "neat looking" in
the vintage racing photos but is not at all good for
proper driving technique.  20 yrs. ago when driving
the Lancia Aurelias/Appias I just learned to live with
the outstretched arms, not knowing any better.

HTH.

Best wishes and happy motoring!

Ciao,

6'4" Tim