Spider Brake Booster Question

Friends,

I discovered this evening that I have a leak in my brake booster union (hence
my weak brakes.)
This is the plastic right-angled vacuum hose connector into the brake booster
(servo unit).
The gasket beneath the connector is leaking. The connector is good; hose is
new; nothing else leaks.

Can I remove & replace the gasket without removing the booster unit from the
car?
This is a particularly unwelcome thought as the booster looks to be a PITA to
remove & replace.
A new booster from IAP is $300!

Both connector and gasket is available as a part ($16) but the shop manual and
parts CD do not note if it can be replaced. It looks as if it may be a "pop
out / pop in" plastic connector (presumably I am not so lucky????)

Has anyone been down this road? Can you help me?

If it cannot be replaced, can it be sealed from the outside (leak is about
1/8" across)?

Thanks again ...

Rob Favali
Burlington VT
1993 Spider Veloce (suffering from recent bad karma but soon to be exorcised)