78 Spider sheet metal air dam beneath front bumper

September 21, 2001 -- WILMINGTON, NC

I believe there was a Dennis asking about what belongs under his front bumper
on his 78 Alfa Romeo Spider.

Dennis, go to my Yahoo! Photo Page located at http://photos.yahoo.com/tds6599y
and click "Alfa Digest Pictures" whereupon you will see a folder labeled 76
80? Spider Grilles, both of which are removed.  The one for you car is
pictured on the left, the 80? on the right.

Alfa Spiders from 75 - 78 inclusive used a cheapie plastic V.  79 thru 82
(inclusive) Spiders have a sturdy larger chrome lower V.  They are not
interchangable (well they could be swirched but they really don't match
up...).

Also, you will see an album at above website that is titled "My Alfa Spider".
Here you will see pics of my '74 Spider that had a front-end collison earlier
in its life.  The PO in 84? replaced the entire front clip with that of a 76
(plus the rear bumpers).  So you can see those pics, too; these should help.

IAP sells the lower cheapie plastic V grille for 79? bones.

Hope this gets to you....  I don't have your e-mail address (read the original
post at work !! )

Get Ready.

Tim Sheridan
Wilmington, North Carolina -- USA