Re: Bypass hose restrictor

Jay,
	The question of function of the bypass restrictor comes up periodically
on the digest, so I'll broadcast the message to our new members also. Rich Hirsh
has an excellent article (based largely on work by Fred Di Matteo, Charlie
Thieriot, and Carter Hendricks).  I consider it manditory reading for late model
Spider owners.  Kinda like what Fred says about getting the Spica Tune Up
Booklet from AROC!

	  http://www.geocities.com/motorcity/downs/3837/bypassco.html

	 I suppose you could make your own, but I suspect at least one if not
most of our Digest Sponsors (IAP, Bruce's Parts Bin, Krause & England etc) carry
these at a reasonable and fair price.  APE probably has half the worlds supply
if they haven't thrown them out for scrap metal!  Making one would be tricky
(but probably not worth the trouble) because it is a spring and orifice affair.

Cheers,
Charlie S
'89 Spider (and yes, I made sure I kept my valve when I replaced my hoses ;->