Re: alfa-digest V8 #64 - Overheating Spider

Bill,
       Putting the Milano sending unit in the spider cooling fan circuit is a
good idea.  However, putting it on top of the head it will measure the engine
coolant temperature at the hottest point in the system.  It would be better
to put it in the bottom radiator tank.  If the coolant is cool enough at the
point, the fan is not needed.
       A competent radiator shop should be able to solder a fitting on the
bottom tank for the sending unit.  I am not sure what to suggest as a source
for the fitting, however.  I suspect that the Milano radiator tanks are
plastic so you could not cut up one of those for the fitting.

Ciao,
Russ Neely
Oklahoma City