Ts conversion

In my experience of doing a TS conversion for my '74 GTV I considered
re-using the IAP header I had already in place and doing the same thing that
Kelly suggest by modifying it.  In the end I decided to go with a
"semi-custom" header.  I felt that by cutting the IAP header I'd have nearly
as much time into it as I would starting fresh.  I was able to buy a new
header from Alfa Ricambi in pieces and have it built on site to guarantee  a
correct fit.  Plus, the Ricambi header uses a bigger diameter tubing than my
older IAP header but that is probably less important with forced induction.

John H. comments on the likely differences between a tweaked 2L and a TS.  I
believe I had a tweaked 2L that included euro cams, webers w/euro manifold,
MarelliPlex and the above IAP header.  The car ran very well but the TS is a
big difference, particularly in the low end range.  The car jumps off the
line and runs hard up to redline (7000 rpm w/chip).  The drivability is much
better too.  I did add hotter cams but I'm don't think it made a big
difference.  With a compression ratio of 10:1 I'd be a little concerned
about force induction but perhaps Jim Steck will read this comment.

Mike Brann
'74 GTV TS