Spica rebuilds, TS conversion, the way Alfas were SUPPOSED to be

	Ron,

	It is indeed important to match injectors as both Wes, and the previous
shop i went to returned to me matched sets.
	There are springs that open up in each injector and as they wear, well
they wear. they get tired. They OPEN at different pressures depending on
the strength of the spring (about 400 psi). atomization is also
important but having them open at different pressures isn't good either.
	Also a factor is the check valves which prevent a backwards flow of
fuel back into the pump from the injector lines. The most obvious
symptom is is during starting when one or two cylinders take a few
cranks before they start firing. fuel leaks back into the pump
itself......less obvious is that different cylinders get different
amount of fuel. you MIGHT notice one cylinder running leaner.

	these symptoms can also be caused by leaky injectors, the difference
being, you can see the injectors leak if you test them individually.

	Someone who REALLY know this stuff feel free to chime in anytime....

	Regarding the TS conversion into a spider.....i always heard there
wasn't enough height in the hood. the TS head is indeed about 1/2"
taller. my understanding is that there is more room in the berlina.

	Alfas have always been technologically advanced.... i submit that my
spica'd 2 liter with the cams, headers, OS valves etc, etc....runs the
way alfas were meant to. And that if Alfa had been able to supply all of
europe with the spica system, it would have.
	But it's an old argument nobody expects to resolve.
	you'll have to pry my spica from my cold dead hand. .....my other cold
dead hand  :)

	Nomex on.....

	Norm