re: Tires

At Mon, 17 Sep 2001 22:46:15 -0700 "Timothy Leigh Rodgers" wrote:
>My '92 Spider Veloce has worn out the outside edges of the front tires.  Is
>this to be expected or is there something wrong?

nothing really wrong, it could just be your wheels aren't aligned,
the camber isn't correct or just you are running then a bit deflated.

>I've got Pirelli P 4000 195/60 R 15 tires on it and the rear tires are
>fine. Any different recommendations for tires?

I am very pleased with Michelin Pilot Exalto.  They perform really
well. They also attack water pogs in rain with determination, keeping
the car stable and straight.

>Is it OK to have different brands on
>front and rear?  I like to drive at a good clip and on windy
>roads--but I don't take it to the track.

There aren't problems, it's just a matter of trying combinations
out and finding you if there's some great choice. The only thing
one should obviously avoid is keeping different tires from SIDE to SIDE
:-))

Luca

nodoubt,
crashed 937 landpilot
"I like anything that don't talk." King Benny - Sleepers
937RS2, 75 Turbo, RM250

http://www.geocities.com/twowheels_99