[no subject]

Hi Gordy,
I can answer a couple of these:
1) dim dash lights: dirty contacts
2) heater valve - on my '77 w/ no a/c it's a matter of undoing the bolts
that hold it to the core, and loosening the hose. I remember hearing the a/c
ducting gets in the way.
3) I would venture $3-4K, but can't say for sure because I haven't seen the
car......
4) I would fix the a/c, just because I'm one of those originality types, and
it's nice on the odd day where it's really hot. Otherwise, leave it off, but
it's nice to have the option there.
5) I ran my '77 spider for almost 10 years with no shroud, and it stayed
cool. (I now have an electric fan)
6) inexpensive? I've found that Alfa mods are never cheap, because it was
done so well the first time around. Maybe you can do a '91-'94
exhaust....and start removing heavy things. But I don't think you'll notice
major differences. If you want fast, you need to drop a turbo in your Honda
wagon....:-)
Chris Keen
'77 spider (resting in Los Altos, CA)
Boston, MA