Alfetta Bumpers

In alfa-digest V8#51, Pat mentioned he would "love to get a pair of European
bumpers" for his '78 Sport Sedan.

These bumpers are available from AFRA, email address:
AFRA_commerciale@domain.elided

Their part numbers are as follows:

 60719381 front bumper
 60702168 rear bumper
 60703733 indic.light
 60703729 indic.light

If you're obsessed with originality, you should also order rear license
plate lights.  Generic ones do fit.

Rest assured that these bumpers will not simply bolt up to the existing
bumper mounts for a US-version Alfetta.  Installation requires some
modifications to both the bumper brackets and the recipient automobile.

Front Bumpers:
The bumpers have brackets built into them which have to be cut back, and
adapters have to be made up to get them to bolt on to the bumper mounts. The
brackets do align well with the US-style bumper mounts

The indicator lights built into the euro bumper have only one element, so
the sockets have to be replaced with those intended for a two element bulb
so that the existing wiring can be used, and so that you retain both parking
light and directional indicator functions.

The holes in the fenders in the US version car may not line up with the
mounts in the bumpers. (I don't know for sure because I was using them on a
116.33 Alfetta.  For that installation I had to section 2" out of the side
pieces and relocate the mounts altogether to line up with the existing
fender holes.)

Rear Bumpers:
As with the fronts, the rear bumpers have brackets attached to them which
need to be cut back.  An additional complication in the bumpers I have
worked with was that the rear bumper had two right hand brackets.  This
required the left bracket to be moved to a different location in the bumper.
Not a big deal - it just required drilling three holes and using pop rivets.

The holes in the rear fenders definitely don't line up with the mounting
points, so new holes (forward of the existing holes)  have to be drilled in
the lower fenders.   Measure twice!

Pat, if you want more detail on this, contact me off-digest and I'll send
you some pictures.

George Beston
Alfetta Berlina
1300 Spider Jr.