Need help w/electrical problem - '83 Spider

My trusty Spider (still my daily driver because the $#%*&% Honda Accord is
still in the shop) has developed a minor electrical problem and I turn to
the collective wisdom for help.

My radio, windshield washer and the console lights (small light over heater
controls, light in heater fan switch) have quit.  If I read the wiring
diagram in the manual, all those appear to be on fuses 5 and 6.  I've
replaced those fuses to no avail, even though the originals did not appear
to be blown.  So my questions:

1.  How do you test to see if there is voltage at the fuse?  It strikes me
that since the wipers work, and they're on fuse 6, there may be, but I don't
want to do something stupid, particularly since this is now my daily driver.

At some point, all those functions seem to be controlled by the column
switch.  THe headlights work fine, and those are the usual culprits, but any
thoughts would be welcome!

Bill Bain
AROC Atlanta
'83 Spider