My 164 fails me for the first time

My 93 164L stranded me and my wife last night, first time the car has failed
me in the 2.5 years I have owned the car.  Turned a corner to go over the
interstate overpass and it just stopped...nada....  Hated to see it on the
hook, so to speak...
The car has always been a fast and eager starter.  For the last couple of
weeks it had taken a long time to catch and start, once started it ran fine.
I did the Motronic self-check and get 4-4-4-4 which means there are no errors
in the computer memory.  I am leaning toward a fuel pump failure, maybe those
little hoses that crack and cause the pump to suck air are the problem.  The
mechanic will not be in until monday morning so I will have to wait until
then to get a reading on the problem.