Clicking in the dashboard

I looked around and could not find anything about this.  When I start my 92
164S, I get this clicking sound that starts fast for about ten seconds and
then just clicks once every couple of seconds.  The clicking sound is coming
from a compartment on the left side of the glove box (when it is open).  If
I pop the compartment open -- there is a wire harness in there and if I
unhook it - the ticking stops.  I need to know what that harness is
connecting to.

Thanks for the help.
Eric
erick@domain.elided