re: smog sniffing robots

Will,
I do need to clear up a fact. What I posted was a bulletin from
somebody else. Everyone was meant to respond according to how they felt
about the matter and whether it mattered to them/ their car (You can
even call your senator and support this bill).
Yes, LeoT holds the view that this is a bad thing, and that the next
thing coming would be cameras at your local neighborhood, perhaps
making sure you are not cheating on your spouse.
I can sacrfice my privacy when it comes to airports (I will gladly be
photographed there), but not for random monitoring/revenue collection.
If you really want to clean up the air, go after the factories. But
hey, it is not practical because those are the people giving
politicians money. It is easier to go after the poor SOB who does not
have money to buy a new car. It will get votes.
I want clean air, too, and my Spider is as clean as it can be. I have
not removed the cat from my 911, nor will I.
But car collectors (or car even) are not the main polluters.
Electricity generation, big industry, buses and semis ARE.

thx, luke, Belmont, CA