RE: Re: daily driver - ironic twist?

hi thomas, at the end of yer most recent post re: gm trying to market alfas in the usa, ewe said:

<<<Keep your comments on the digest where everyone can read them. I don't want anymore personal attack type e-mail. If you can't respect other peoples opinions and formulate an argument based on the issues just go do whatever else it is you do.>>>

that being the case, i'm sure ewe won't mind my comment about gm in reference to the post ewe sent to me personally, & *not* to the alfa-digest...  ;~)  not that yer post was a personal attack or anyting...

ok, as i said before, if alfa comes back here selling only $40k+ 2-seaters, they may yust as well stay home.  while i agree that gm sucks, it's the product that sucks, not the marketing.  they are the largest auto mfr on the planet, & they sell what they make.  i've actually seen real-live people, driving azteks!?!?!  jeez, they could sell refrigerators to eskimos!  in the most recent autoweek, in the letters to the editor section, there was a letter that had me howling w/laughter.  in response to a previous barb directed towards gms' (lack of) quality products, the incensed reader wrote if gm products are so bad, then i guess the american population must really be stupid, cuz their products are *everywhere*!   well, i couldn't agree w/him more!!!  populations don't get much stupider than what we got here!!!  :>)

so, the question is - does fiat/gm really wanna bother w/an all-out assault on the usa market w/a full line of cars?  if they do, we'll have 'em, & they'll be successful.  but, i'm not holding my breath...

doug s.