RE: weber carb fuel pressure

don't forget to use the return line also

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-alfa@domain.elided [mailto:owner-alfa@domain.elided]On Behalf Of
Dana Loomis
Sent: Sunday, September 09, 2001 10:34 PM
To: alfa-digest@domain.elided
Subject: re: weber carb fuel pressure

Tony Rondeau wrote that he was in the middle of a SPICA to Weber carburetor
conversion, and asked:

>question #1....Will my current "spica" fuel pump work for this
>application or do I need to install a different pump?
>question #2....What should the fuel pressure be regulated to for the
>"40 dcoe webers"?

The answers to #1 and #2 are connected.  Webers like fuel pressures on the
order of 3-4 psi, but the electric fuel pump supplied with SPICA-equipped
cars is a high pressure unit.  The pump can be made to work with a
carburetor installation but, if you keep it, you'll need to add a fuel
pressure regulator between the pump and the carbs.  An althernative,
possibly better, would be to sell your high-pressure to someone who needs
one and buy a Bendix-type pump designed to work with your carburetors.

Dana Loomis