Heavy Spider Clutch Dilemma?

Help!

Early this morning I took a long ride north up Route 100 towards the
Canadian border.
Wonderfully cool at 6:00AM with the top down, etc. All was well. On the
return flight after the lunch hour, I noticed that the clutch began to feel
very heavy ... as in sticking, slow, and hard to press.

It soon became of real concern .... but I cannot discern if it is hydraulic
or mechanical. The fluid is new (June) and the clutch original (69k miles).
It grabs low but it is very hard on the pedal as if something is preventing
it from releasing and it moves sssloowwly. I could not depend on the
breaking of the gears into the corners as mt timing was off due to the
clutch's slow response. But those Mintex brakes work flawlessly (thanks ..
Bill!)

As I cruised, it required additional pressure to downshift and the pedal was
slow to return to rest (especially from 5th to 4th approaching a corner
after 2-3 miles at 3000 RPM - as if pressure was building over time). I
think this last point is significant as it is the cause of the hydraulic or
mechanical question. It is (as you can tell) difficult to explain. The key
is that the pedal movement is very slow "as if" the fluid has turned to
molasses.

One thought ... could the clutch hose implode. That is to delaminate in its
interior but remain good to an external inspecation? As if the artery wall
was failing and causing the hydraulic fluid to bind? The clutch itself seems
fine. Could it be in the MC or SC?

This is a very real dilemma to me and I would appreciate any help, advice,
etc. I have never experienced such an odd feeling over my many years of
driving standards.

Can you help? TIA.

Best regards,
Rob Favali
Burlington VT
93 Spider Veloce

PS ... These Vermont mountain roads are beautiful and the clutch needs to be
fixed before the mountains turn to colors in 3-4 weeks!!