re: daily driver

At 9:18 PM -0400 9/8/01, alfa-digest wrote:
>The production cost and weight penalty is too great. The good weight
>balance
>is a good idea, but not at the expense of making the over all car
>heavier. Give
>me a nose heavy car that weighs 2300 lbs anyday.

Huh?  RWD in general may cost more to produce, but a DeDion is about
as simple as it gets, suspension-wise.  It's not heavy, either.  It
seems to me that it's about the lightest rear suspension system out
there.  And I'm not sure what it would do for the car's weight
distribution, either.

At 9:18 PM -0400 9/8/01, alfa-digest wrote:
>If you want proof, just watch
>Speedvision's
>Touring Car Championship and see the front drive Acuras and the rear
>drive BMWs battle. The Acuras are giving up some HPs on the BMWs
>and are still keeping up.

There's a reason for that.  If you took those cars right off the
street the Honda wouldn't stand a chance, but what the SCCA has done
with that series is brilliant.  The weight penalty for every car is
drastically different, and it changes every race depending on how
well that make and model did in the last race!  So if they wanted to
put them in the same class, a Neon could be competitive with a
Corvette.