RE: Anti-seez on lug nut?

Brian,

Wow! what a coinkydink!!! (that's coincidence to the Webster thumpers out
there).

One of my rear wheels nearly came off my Milano last month on the highway,
it happened when I took a long drive toward the Cape one day, only to
discover an
intermittenly and progressively louder knocking noise in the rear of the
car which I thought was either a bad CV joint or a loose pinion bolt in my
transaxle (after consultation with Paul). I limped back to Rowley after the
long weekend and discover that I had been driving on a loose rear wheel, I
am very lucky it didn't come off on the highway, the result could have been
disasterous, instead only my wheel was destroyed, the bolt holes were oval.

I (and Paul Glynn) always use anti-seez (funny spelling trade-mark name for
anti seize compound??) on my lug nuts for fear of not being able to get
them off, and I had changed from winter to summer wheels (and tires) about
3K miles prior to the incidence.

Living in Boston, I had atributed this to vandalism, but this is food for
thought.

	- Steve.