Re: Real alfisti drive sedans

Hi all,

John Hertzman wrote:

> And no 90s.

I was trying not to rub that one in :-)

Actually the US not receiving the 90 and the 6, only adds weight to my
argument about Alfas not just being toys.

> Apart from the quibble that the GTV-6, which we did get,
> was a 116 - (he certainly means the fours, which is
> correct)

Correct.

> the only comment is that he is twenty years late. It has
> been the case since 1955.

That's probably true, but I was trying to restrict myself to a time period I
had half a clue about.

>  He ends with an implicit rebuke: "That's Alfa's market -
> 'Real alfisti drive
> sedans' (Not heard on this digest since December 1998)"

I guess my real point here was that if the US had perhaps got a more
representative selection of the AR range, then Alfa (at least in the US)
might have been in better shape (like still there).

Tony
1985 Alfa 90 2.5i
The Alfa 90 Page http://www.geocities.com/t.lupton
--
Tony Lupton               *    Astracon (Australia) Pty Ltd
Project Manager        *    *  10/303 Coronation Drive