Re: Stonegard

Mike Nakamura asked for feedback about Stonegard. I use it to protect
the front end and mirrors on my 164S. It took a little practice to learn
how to apply it correctly (be sure to use lots of the positioning spray,
which is a 50/50 mix of alcohol and water and a good soft squeegee), but
it has worked very well. I've removed it twice without any problems. I
originally used a 4" roll that I got from Griot's, but felt it was not
tall enough to cover the vulnerable areas of my car. I hunted down a 6"
wide roll (it's made by 3M, and available through most auto paint supply
shops), but was disappointed to find that the material was much thinner
than that on the 4" wide roll. I have since redone the front end with
the thicker 4" material.

Rich Lasner
92 164S
ARA