Berlinas on top of the heap

"Hey, did'ja hear the one about the Berlina someone offered to pay $6550
for?"
"No way. No one would pay that much for a Berlina. They're supposed to be
free."
"Oh yeah? Well here's the kicker:  the offer wasn't enough to buy it! The
seller wanted even more."

It's true. A very nice SF 1969 Berlina got bid to $6550 on ebay, but didn't
meet the reserve.  Was anyone on the list one of the bidders, or the highest
bidder? If so, did someone work out a deal to buy the car?  I saw this car
back when Kirk Powell owned it, who had bought it in 1971 and taken
incredible care of it, but dang that's a lot of money for a Berlina.  In
fact, all five Berlinas I've owned didn't add up to even half that much.
That says a lot about the condition of my cars compared to this one, and
probably about me too.

For details on this car, check out
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/ebayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=594874594&;
r=0&t=0