AC, Ace, Alfas etc...

Wow, Joe, great save there! ;-)

You are entirely correct. The slated replacement for AC's 3000ME, the
mid-engined Ford V6 car that AC produced from around 1976 to 1984 was to
have the 2,5-litre V6 from the GTV6. Not sure about production figures
at all, but I think the car was to be called the "AC Ecosse". As far as
I know, the concept was taken up by a Scottish firm who called
themselves Ecosse, and they tried to make a go of producing it with a
Fiat 2-litre motor. It was called the Signature.

I'll see if I can get hold of any further info on the AC with the Alfa
engine though.

Ciao

Zak

--
Zak McGregor        http://www.carfolio.com - Over 7900 car specs online
Web mercenary - currently for hire. Perl/html/.js/sql/cgi/GNUlinux/php +