P**P list (addendum)

Fred and Brian and fellow Digesters,

About 95% of the feeback I have received about my post yesterday has been
positive. I am concerned however that some people actually took it too
seriously. I hope that I have not offended anybody. I really just did it to
illicit a good laugh out of everybody. You can't imagine how funny it is
reading the digest when you are in my shoes and understand what the real
truth is about the Alfa Return topic. I guess I was just venting a bit and
letting my internal laughter seep out a bit. I am preparing a more lengthy
post that will help answering some important questions for you all about
Alfa etc. and how things really are. I am just waiting for the right time to
do so. I want you to know that there are people here listening other than me
that really do care about what Americans think about Alfa returning to the
U.S.A. I have shown the digest to many important people and I forward some
of your posts to the big men in the big office that make big decisions. I
have even had lengthy conversation with big men in big offices about some
posts that I have printed from the digest. Hang in there folks. I am going
to bat for you all every chance I get.

So please, don't take my post too seriously. Just take it for face value!
Enjoy your Alfas.

Your friend in AlfaLand,

Sandro

Sandro Marcantonio
Fiat Auto S.P.A.
Platforms Development
Components and Systems Development Platform
Suspension Systems Plan Manager
Corso Settembrini 40 - Corpo 5 - Piano II
Torino - Mirafiori -  Italy - 10100
Tel: 011-011-39-68-30760
Fax: 011-011-39-68-35379
Cell:011-39-349-218-9831

>Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2001 00:20:02 -0400
<From: "Brian Shorey" <bshorey@domain.elided>
<Subject: RE: Fiat Auto p**p list

<Fwiw,

<I don't think it is in good taste to compile a list of digesters who may
<post content that some subset of the list finds amusing (or distasteful, or
<offensive, or ...).

<Just because a subset of the list might find speculation on Alfas return
<amusing, doesn't mean some other subset of the list doesn't enjoy the
<discussion.  In fact, some of those people might find it amusing that some
<people have the time or energy to compile lists containing certain
<categories of topics..

<Richard does a fine job of weeding out the bullsh*t, or shutting down
<inflammatory discussions.  If the content that makes it on to the list is
<good enough for Richard, then it's ok with me - if I don't like it, I can
<delete or scroll right by it.

<I don't see any good coming out of this, other than ticking off a subset of
<the list that seems to be using it for what it was intended for (discussing
<some aspect of Alfa that they find interesting).

<My .02 (for which I'll probably be put on somebodys list),

<bs