2003 Maserati 4200 GT Spyder

Hi all,

Can anyone make a serious guess to why Maserati
has called their new convertible the "GT Spyder"?

Mitsubishi I can see using Eclipse "Spyder", or Toyota
using "MR Spyder".. but an Italian company mispelling
the name?

It is even more odd considering there are current
models in italy such as:
 Alfa Romeo Spider
 Ferrari 360 Spider

I hope this doesn't get me on the p**p list, but will
we get an Alpha Romero Spyder in 2005? :>

Sandro, have mercy on this one (even though I'm
thinking I will just import on my own an Alfa 147 GTA)
;]

Ryan

ps. ok, my only guess so far is someone at Ferrari
      thought Ferrari should use "Spider" and Maserati
      should use "Spyder".. but.. if so.. fire 'em..