alfa shops in chicago?

Can anyone make a few recommendations? Chicago or the surrounding burbs...a
friend is in search of a good shop. Also, he's having trouble getting his
'84 Spider to pass emissions, he's been told he needs to get a new cat? How
much should that run? Just curious, as it's my former car and I'd like to
see him get it running...also, it passed NY, GA, and MD emissions just fine
a few times while I had it, so am wondering what's up...

Thanks!
gene