Re: project car

>Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 14:53:18 EDT
>From: JJK1204@domain.elided
>Subject: Project Car
>How about a nice project car? Only $49k, nice provenance, no financial =
etc.
>http://www.classifieds2000.com/cgi-cls/ad.exe?P1+C14+A0+R1236466+Q558379=
104
>John Katos
>West Dundee, IL USA

John,
Now that's very interesting, but how about this 1988 Dallara F-338 =
Formula 3 car w/ Alfa twin sparked engine for no asking price at all? :
http://www.carclassic.com/html/AX44.HTM
Since they aren't asking anything at all for it, or maybe they're just =
confused about what an Alfa twin spark engine is, and why it's in that =
chassis, (if anyone has any history on that I would truely be =
appreciative) but maybe we can get it for a steal. I figure we can all =
ante-up 5 bucks apiece (times all those willing - that outta be a bu-, =
er... boatload of moolah) then invest (inwest Doug - or is it inuest?) =
the earnings in internet stocks, we can all take home this neglected =
baby and fight over her rightful and proper usage. Now I'm thinkin' =
local town parades with cheerleaders on the side pods and wings, and a =
monthly "manifold girl," but I'll expect "track day" arguments and =
"autocross" opposition, and have gotten ready for the formidible =
"country road tour" crowd - they're always the toughest contingent - I'm =
grittin' my teeth and I ready for 'em . And I'll have a big fight on my =
hands, I know. But I'm up to it, and so here's my five bucks - <$5.00>  =
Now that's legal tender, so don't take it and run. I'm trusting you...
Thanks John - I personally love that stuff.
-wishing you peace, a smooth and very winding road, and the time to =
enjoy it,
-shemp