re: aftermarket exhausts

Dave,
	I went with Stebro when I was replacing the stock center section on my
'86 Spider every other year.  The exhaust from the cat seems to wear
them out pretty fast.  The rear section was replaced when the old Ansa
rusted out.  The sound is much different than stock, throatier at low
rpms and with a slight F1 howl at higher rpms.

	I showed the units to my local Alfa mech. and he liked them (but not
the price).  He commented that they were well constructed, heavy gauge
SS used, and lots of support brackets in the right places.  Don't know
if he ever put a set on a clients car.

	Had one stress crack (just below the input pipe on the center section)
when only one bolt held the center section to the cat; my car is lowered
and tends to scrap quite abit.  I welded the crack shut easily with my
Mig welder and some SS wire.

	Bruce

	'73 GTV
	'86 Spider