spider's lazy speedo

Dear All,

My name is Tony and I just bought a cheap 87 spider in need of TLC. One of
he bugs is that the speedo registers about 10-20mph lower than actual MPH.
I know this has probably been discussed to death before, but If anyone out
there has had this problem, I would like to know the fix. The odometer
works fine.
According to some, this is a known problem, but I owned an 86 spider before
and  never has this sort of problem.

thanks for your help.

Cheers,

Tony.