Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2001 20:42:17 -0300
From: "AgendaTech Inc." <agendatech@domain.elided>
Subject: Electric Mystery
...............The mystery surrounds my aftermarket driving lights. I
installed a pair
under the bumper to be on whenever the car is running (a Canadian mandated
safety feature). It worked perfectly for 6 months. Now the lights are dead
so I tested for power at the end of the lead wire and it shows 12.8V.
However, as soon as even a single fog light is connected the voltage goes
to 0.0V. Thinking it was a short in the light I connected both individually
directly to the battery and they work perfectly.  I also removed the switch
and hot wired the lead (thinking it was the switch) but it made no
difference.The live lead is connected to an existing relay circuit (I think
the power window) on the fuse box.
Help!
AgendaTech Inc.