Re: fan question/ 1750 cams & '74 exhaust! yes!

Chris:
Just to add to Brian's comments.
I recently had the same fan installed in my 74 GTV.  The easyest way to tell
if the fan is *pushing* air is to place a sheet of paper in front of the car
while it's blowing.  The direction of the paper will tell the tale.  The
Haynes fan comes, according to it's instructions, set up as a *pusher*
installed in front of the radiator.  Inverting the fan will cause it to be
less efficient due to the scooping shape of the blades.  So put it back to
it's original way.  The rotation of the motor/fan will be determined by the
wiring. Since you will be in Boston, it'll be more difficult, but if you
need more details, e-mail me off digest and I will take a picture of the fan
blades in place.
Hope this helps
Jorge Mazlumian
Redlands, CA