Milano Auto leveling control

Hello all,
    After replacing a leaking auto-leveling shock on my wife's Milano both
the steering rack and the control valve mounted on the rear suspension began
to leak, I guess because it finally had correct pressure. I know what to do
with the rack, but is there any way to renew the seals in the valve? It is
leaking from the shaft at the back of the valve block. Anyone try this?
    I know I probably should have converted to standard springs and shocks
especially since 1 shock cost me $299.00 and I could get only 1 NOS shock.
It was suggested that perhaps Alfa sourced the same shock as a BMW 3-series
but I don't know.

  TIA
  Andrew Lamb
  andyl41@domain.elided