Re: Spica question

70's Alfa's with external resistor coil (big ceramic square thing on outside
of coil) had a green and a green/black wire.  The green went from ignition
switch (starter running position directly to coil.  The green/black went from
fuse box (starter now disengaged) to the resistor (there is a short wire from
other end of resistor to the coil).

Your second problem sound like a bad microswitch.