Spider brakes ... huh?

Hey all!

I won't say how long ago it was that my Spider's brakes were bled. Let's
just say if you took the average date of brake-bleeding for all Alfas...
living *and* dead... mine would be better than at least, oh, 50%... &:-).
And I have no idea what kind of fluid is in there. I've never worked on
this car's brakes.

I'd like to dump in some ATE Typ200 (high temp fluid). Are there any
caveats for doing this? If I just make sure to keep bleeding until the new
stuff comes out, is that sufficient? Or can you only use a high temp fluid
with a cool brake pad?

Lemme add another question: If I wanted to attack the project of replacing
the brake pads myself -- a job I've never attempted on any car before,
and this is of course assuming I can figure out what pads I need to buy,
is this something I could realistically expect to be able to do
myself (without help)? I have pretty much all the *standard* tools, but no
cool circlips tools, pullers, or anything of that nature.

Thanks for the advice!

Tess
in Seattle, WA USA
life in the fast lane (hey, that's what happens without brakes!)