Re: alfa-digest V7 #1497

In a message dated 03/31/2000 11:59:57 AM Pacific Standard Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

<< I have a pair of alloy wheels that I just had sandblasted. My question is,
 what should I paint them with?

 I got a bottle of wheel paint that looks like a mettalic steel-colored
 silver, plus a can of clearcoat. Should I bother with the colored paint or
 just go right to the clear coat?

I used engine paint, a silvery metal color, plus a clearcoat on GTV6 wheels
that needed rejuvenation, and they came out great.

Now, a few years down the line, they are just as they were when I sprayed
them.  All in all, a success.

PS: the idea wasn't mine to begin with, but came from Ben, a crusty local
Alfa mechanic (not mine own), who had worked, as had his father before him,
at the Arese works.

Best luck!

Charlie
LA, CA, USA