From: owner-alfa@domain.elided [mailto:owner-alfa@domain.elided]On Behalf Of
Carlo.Cardilli@domain.elided
Sent: Friday, March 31, 2000 3:05 PM
To: alfa@domain.elided
Subject: Re: Spider speedo & tacho

"Jay Lang" <Jay@domain.elided> wrote
=
>Has anyone experienced this phenomena?  Is there a solution?  TIA

My 86 Spider is the same, and I suspect this is true of all later model
Spiders.
I first noticed it after my speedo failed when I blew a fuse in the
cigarette lighter circuit
(go figure).  It wouldn't move but it was stuck on ~18.  Upon closer
inspection there seems to be
a backstop pin on both the speedo and tach that prevents the needle from
dropping below that minimum
reading.  At least that's the way it looks to me.  The minimum readings
bothered me for about a month after I noticed, and now I've just gotten
used to them.

Carlo
86 Spider Quad, SF

End of alfa-digest V7 #1498