Oily #1 sparkplug

Greg Stewart wrote:

"Finally, last fall there was some digest discussion regarding Mystery Oil
and another product (something that contained Techron, maybe?).  What were
the purported benefits of these wonder cures?  My engine runs fine but
sparkplug #1 seems considerably darker and oilier than the rest.  Is this a
sign of sticking/worn out rings?  The car uses/loses a litre of oil every
800 kilometres and there no sign of oil in the coolant or vice versa.

Thanks in advance."

I have the same condition with my 79 Spider.  It runs fine, loves redline
etc., but the #1 sparkplug matches Greg's (Is it an Ottawa thing? It can't
stomach the crap from parliament?)   I didn't see any responses so, if
someone responded off line could they forward the response to me?  Thanks

Kim

P.S. anyone in the Eastern Ontario, Western Quebec area is invited to a Pub
Night, April 4th, 7:30 pm at the Arrow and Loon, Bank St. at 5th Ave, in the
5th Avenue Court. Ottawa Chapter of the Alfa Romeo Club of Canada

79 spider, on the road next week, I hope.
Centre for Economic Analysis - Canada Inc.
http://www.home.istar.ca/~boydell