GTV6 heater hose replacement

I think this may nave been asked recently but I can't locate it in the
archives, so...

I'm trying to do the good PM thing with respect to cooling circuit hose
replacement.  All is OK except when I get to the heater, where easy access is
impossible due to the heat exchange unit of the AC.  Both hoses to the heater
are on the passenger side, under/behind the AC- I mention this because the 2
manuals I have show different arrangements of the heater hose connections.
Anyway, I've disconnected the AC unit from underside of the glove box, & it
hangs by its hoses almost enough tt give useful access.  Looks like unit
could hang lower if the blower was disconnected, but removing the 4 mounting
screws that I could see hasn't loosened it, possibly because  the sealing
gunk has essentially cemented it to the AC housing.  Maybe this is just the
nature of the beast but I was wondering if there's something I'm missing here
that would make access to the heater connections a lot easier.  Thanks-  help
here would be greatly appreciated

- -Brian Costello
86 GTV6
67 GTV