Tach positions

Christopher Boles said -

"The Alfetta GT's came with the tach in front of the
driver and the speedo off to the side..but this was
not a new idea..."

A favorite book of my teen years was "The Red Car,"
author long forgotten - I don't think it was Felsen,
'cause nobody died - about a kid's discovering sports
cars by way of restoring a wrecked MG TC, under the
tutelage of a French mechanic with a Tragic Secret
Past. Good stuff, 'specially if you're 16 and stuck in
late-Fifties Illinois (WAY south of Chicago!). Anyway,
there was much made of the tach sitting in front of
the driver (on the right, of course), and about how
engine revs were so much more important than road
speed. Of course this IS a TC we're talking about,
which means that the tach serves to make the driver
think he's really hauling ass, while the speedo serves
to reassure the passenger that he's not.

Will Owen
Nashville, TN
Soon: SoCal!