refinishing tailights, leaky gas tanks, & miracle juice

If I were restoring tailights, I might be inclined to take a look at the
Eastwood Company's catalogue (www.eastwoodcompany.com).  Among all sorts of
neat products, they have something called "Reflective Aluminum" - claimed to
be "the closest paint to to chrome plating and polished aluminum".  Maybe
not as perfect as the real thing, but at $7.00 for a can, who can argue
against trying it?  No financial interest in the company, yadda, yadda.

On another note, my GTV's gas tank developed a minor leak over the weekend.
Sort of surprising, seeing as the car hasn't been moved since December, but
in any case, I'm now entertaining replacement/repair suggestions.  I bought
some putty-like goop (allegedly for fixing minor gas tank leaks) and stuck
it over the leaky spot.  It seems to have worked but I don't feel
comfortable with this as a real fix.  Peering through the sender unit
opening, I couldn't see any rust so it may be just one bad spot.  I poked
and prodded underneath the tank and the metal all feels pretty solid.

Any opinions or experience with respect to any of the gas tank sealer
products available?  Should I look at having a patch welded on?

Finally, last fall there was some digest discussion regarding Mystery Oil
and another product (something that contained Techron, maybe?).  What were
the purported benefits of these wonder cures?  My engine runs fine but
sparkplug #1 seems considerably darker and oilier than the rest.  Is this a
sign of sticking/worn out rings?  The car uses/loses a litre of oil every
800 kilometres and there no sign of oil in the coolant or vice versa.

Thanks in advance.

Greg Stewart
74 GTV
Ottawa, Canada