AR in Autoweek

Fisti:

Theres an article in the latest Autoweek(new 911 Turbo cover) that says that
AR is planning a return for the model year 2004. The platform for reentry
will most likely be the then current Spider and the newest Milano(mid range
model--156 type).

Roberto Testore (MD, Fiat Auto) says: "We are close to freezing the new
Spider design and so we are still in time to federalize it during the
development stages. The Spider is also a perfect AR for N America." Good
thinking.

The article goes on to say that FWD 2.5(190hp) and 3(226hp)lt engines will
be common. Selespeed, 6 spd manual and Sportronic will be available.

Martin Swig(fellow SF'can and eminent local AR auto personality)suggests
that a dealership network could be supplemented with a cost effective B2B
and retail e-channel(Fisti:any thoughts on this?)

Paolo Cantarella (MD Gruppo Fiat)on plans for other lines:
Lancia: no plans for N America, pulled out 1977
Fiat: no plans for N America, pulled out 1983
Maserati: 2001 model year reentry, pulled out 1993

Sorry for any repeat info. Im off to to the Chevy dealer to put my name down
for a AR501 2004 GTV 3.0 QV Verde, anyone else?

Shivu
San Francisco