Converting Generator to Alternator on 67 GTV - HELP!

I have a 1967 GTV with the old style generator. I
found an alternator with an external regulator from a
78? Alfista at the local boneyard.

My question is this. I have no idea how to hook up the
alternator. The generator has three wires going to it.
It has two thick wires and one thin wire.

When I got the alternator and external regulator, I
was lucky enough to get all of the wiring between the
alternator and the regulator. In fact, there is a
three prong clip that goes from the back of the
alternator to the external regualator. It's the same
kind of regulator that I have on my BMW 2002. Anyway,
I could use a little refresher course on what exactly
it is that I need to do here. For some reason, this
conversion has always seemed a little mysterious to
me.

I've been off the list for about a year, but I just
got back on the list again. I have been working on
getting the car's new floors welded in so that I can
drive her again.

Thanks for the help.

David Wilson
Coconut Grove, FL 33133