clogged PNW SPICA filters

I recently wrote a story for our club magazine about this very thing.  The
car developed increasingly squirrelly throttle response during an AROO track
day, finally spinning when I had no response, then a lot, as a surge of gas
came thru in PIR's turn 5.

I was very lucky not to have destroyed my SPICA pump, but when I
investigated, a PO had replaced my fuel line from the tank with 1/2" heater
hose, not fuel hose.  Whatever they put in our gas during the winter seems
to accelerate heater hose deterioration and my guess is that your fuel line
is dissolving from the inside out.

I had gotten probably 100 ml of fine, dark gray rubber dust out of my filter
during the summer, but had thought it was due to dirty fuel.  It was the
lining of my hose which collapsed COMPLETELY with one touch and poured gas
out.  Go find yourself the proper (12mm?  1/2" works very well) fuel line
and I'll bet you're OK.

Bests,
Joe