regular maintenance, damn statistics

In a message dated 03/24/2000 1:18:45 AM Pacific Standard Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

<<  I commend the few guys on here who talk
 about replacing hoses as regular maintenance items.  It really takes that
 type of care to keep such satisfying cars reliable.

OK, I am the very first to admit I am no mechanical genius, or expert in
metallurgy, engineering, chemistry, rocket science, etc. as so many of our
fellow contributors are (the brainpower around here is amazing!)... but even
a dunce like me knows that ANY car has items that must periodically be
replaced as part of regular maintenance (e.g., it doesn't really take a
rocket scientist) -- other than the gasoline.

Perhaps I am coming to agree with the folks at the factory and their outposts
such as Fred di: if someone is so out to lunch as not to properly maintain a
sophisticated and expensive investment, they do not deserve to have an Alfa!

On another note:

Based on his posts, Mr. Warren of Arkansas and I could not be more opposite
politically, yet we both enjoy an 84 GTV6 (hardly a statistically common
choice in the USA), and both chose the same tires for what appears the same
set of reasons.  Could we project, then, that political sentiments have
nothing to do with automotive decisions, or is the sample too small?

;)

Charlie
LA, CA, USA