Spider boot release cable

The broken cable was easy to replace and I thank several Listers who offered
advice offline.  I incorporated a lever through the drain hole as a back up
also so this should never ever be a problem again.  Contributing to the
breakage was a loose adjuster in the trunk that allowed the outer sheath to
move.  This meant that the lever inside the car had to be brought up to an
extreme position to effect release flexing the cable at its crimp joint until
it fatigued and broke.  I suggest you all check that adjuster in the boot.

One lister suggested that the same will ultimately happen to the bonnet
release cable and that I should rig a back up for this as well....I looked it
over and nothing easy pops to mind. Opening the bonnet in the event of a
cable failure must be difficult/impossible with out damaging the bonnet.  Has
any lister figured out how to fit a back up to this potential problem?

I'm going to replace that cable just as a precaution.

cheers, Terry in Oakland.