Re: 164 stereo hum

Humming radio/car stereos in cars can usually be cured by a large inline capacitor to smooth out the current.  When I had the problem with my Milano/75, I went to Radio Shack and bought the largest noise-cancelling capacitor they had; aptly found in the car stereo section. It cost me twenty bucks.  Once in line, the noise was history.

I recently completed installation of a very large Sony amp and Clarion system in my 164LS.  Same treatment from the get go, along with really huge wires directly from the battery to the amp.  No problems at all.

Nizam