Spider info wanted

Hi guys
I'm looking to add an '86 Spider to my 91 164.Is an '86 with power windows supposed to have power steering?
Also, how hard is it to fix rust on rocker panels on these cars.I saw on the IAP catalog several replacement parts listed.How many items are involved into a rocker panel? upper, lower inner and outer? (hehe)
I was thinking to do a bit of work myself into replacing the panels, and then having the whole thing repainted.
What else should i look for in this car?
It has around 100 K miles, blue metalic, good looking spark plug wires, various segments of repaint on it,(i don't care about the paint too much, realize it might been into a fender bender or downright accident, i'm only worried about major, visible frame damage or rust), idles quite roughly, exhaust looks recent and rear suspension straps.Top looks very good, recent even, maybe.I could probably get it around $2000
Any suggestions?
Vlad
'91 164L
Long Island, NY